Types of Xanax
There are a lot of pharmaceutical companies manufacturing Xanax with its different colors, shapes, and strengths to make their products differ. And therefore, Xanax is available in various types of colors, dosages, and forms.
Green Xanax bars
This Xanax bar is one of the different types of Xanax bars. These bars are the same as a white and yellow bar, based on its strength. Green Xanax bars contain 2 mg of active Alprazolam. And that is why the effect of this tablet is like yellow and white Xanax bars. Green bars are also known as Hulk Xanax and Monster Xanax.
- COLOR: GREEN
- SHAPE: TRIANGULAR, OVAL, RECTANGULAR, and ROUND
- STRENGTH: 2 mg, 3 mg
The oval shape of the green Xanax tablet is also known as Green Football Xanax.
White Xanax bars
White Xanax bars are commonly known as the name sticks in the street. This type of Xanax is very famous around the world. A lot of Pharmaceutical companies are manufacturing it. Companies are making it with the strength of 2 mg since the maximum recommended dosage of Alprazolam is 4 mg per day.
- COLOR: WHITE
- SHAPE: RECTANGULAR, TRIANGULAR, OVAL, and ROUND
- STRENGTH: 0.25 MG to 2 MG
Yellow Xanax bars
It is the generic form of this medication, usually imprinted as 039. This type of Xanax is available in the strength of 2 mg. The effect of these tablets is like white Xanax bars. Yellow Xanax bars are also known as the Yellow school bus. There is only a color difference between the yellow Xanax bar and Green Xanax bars. Yellow Xanax bars are stronger than white and green bars.
- COLOR: YELLOW
- SHAPE: OVAL, RECTANGULAR
- STRENGTH: 2 MG
Pink Xanax is available in oval, or round shape looks like a football. This type of Xanax not produced widely. It is the best medication for panic disorder and anxiety disorder.
- COLOR: PINK
- SHAPE: OVAL or ROUND
- STRENGTH: 0.5 MG
Peach Xanax bar is a lower dose of the medication usually comes in oval or football-shaped. This type of Xanax is available in the varying dosage from 0.25 to 0.5 mg. This dosage mainly applied to the management of less severe symptoms.
- COLOR: PEACH
- SHAPE: OVAL or FOOTBALL
- STRENGTH: 0.25 MG to 0.5 MG
This type of Xanax is different from pills and bars. It is available in the liquid form that is also a prescription medicine mostly for persons with GAD. It is only a different way to take medication; the effect of it is like other forms of Xanax.
Dosage and uses of different types of Xanax
Each Xanax tablet contains some inactive ingredients including;
- Corn starch
- Docusate sodium
- Magnesium stearate
- Silicon dioxide
- Lactose and
- Sodium benzoate.
Conditions which are not suitable for Xanax use
Do not take such medication if you have or ever had any of below-given conditions;
- Epilepsy or seizure
- Kidney or liver disease
- Breathing problems
- History of depression and suicidal thoughts
- Allergic to Alprazolam or any ingredient of this medication
- Narrow-angle glaucoma
- Taking other drugs or alcohol, etc.
As mentioned above, Xanax contains some inactive ingredients which may be activated in suitable conditions and cause common to severe side effects. In addition, Alprazolam, the primary and active substance of Xanax, can cause some adverse reactions in a few conditions.
You should take medical help if you have any of the below-given symptoms during the treatment with Xanax.
Note- This below-given list contains side effect information about generic drug Alprazolam. Some of these effects will not apply to the brand name Xanax.
- Being forgetful
- changes in patterns and rhythms of speech
- clumsiness or unsteadiness
- difficulty with coordination
- feeling sad or empty
- lack of appetite
- loss of interest or pleasure
- relaxed and calm
- shakiness and unsteady walk
- sleepiness or unusual drowsiness
- slurred speech
- trouble concentrating
- trouble performing routine tasks
- difficulty sleeping
- difficulty speaking
- dry mouth
- ear congestion
- environment seems unreal
- fear or nervousness
- feeling of unreality
- feeling warm
- a general sense of discomfort or illness
- changes in behavior
- clay-colored stools
- confusion about identity, place, and time
- dark urine
- the decrease in the frequency of urination
- the reduction in urine volume
- sticking out of the tongue
- swollen joints
- tightness in the chest
- trouble with balance
- twisting, twitching or uncontrolled repetitive movements of the language, lips, face, arms, or legs
- uncontrolled twisting movements of the neck, trunk, arms, or legs
- unpleasant breath odor
- unusual drowsiness, dullness, tiredness, weakness, or feeling of sluggishness
- strange facial expressions
- unusually deep sleep
- the exceptionally long duration of sleep
- numbness of the feet, hands, and around the mouth
- severe sleepiness
- shakiness in the legs, arms, hands, or feet
- sleep talking
- talking, feeling, and acting with excitement
- thoughts of killing oneself
- unusual weak feeling
- voice changes
Note- It is not a complete list of side effects caused by the Xanax. Some other results may also possible as per the individual's condition and drug response.